Water Conservation programs of The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service focus on how to save water at home and improved irrigation efficiencies in lawns, landscapes and municipal water districts. AgriLife Extension water conservation programs result in a potential savings of hundreds of millions of gallons annually, valued in the millions of dollars (based on average municipal water rates). In addition to these water-costs savings, the ultimate benefit to Texas Residents is a more efficient use of scarce water resources.
Economic Impact Brief (PDF)
Program & Resource Highlights:
- Water Conservation at Home »
- Urban Water Program »
- Youth Water Resources »
- Conserving Residential Water Through 40 Gallon Challenge »
- Landscape Water Conservation using Earth-Kind® Landscaping »
- Water Conservation and Technology Center »
- Biological Control of Aquatic Weeds and Saltcedar »
View More Water Conservation Resources in the Educational Resource Database.