- Program Website: http://texaswater.tamu.edu/stormwater
- Stormwater Management (PDF)
- Rain Gardens for Stormwater Management (PDF)
- Rainwater Harvesting »
- What is Stormwater?
- Best Management Practices
- Dallas Green Infrastructure
- Stormwater Wetlands for the Texas Gulf Coast
A large percentage of the Texas population live and work in urban areas. The Stormwater Management Program focuses on providing information regarding the negative effects of urbanization as a result of increased stormwater flows and volumes. The program promotes Low Impact Development (LID) practices such as rain gardens, permeable pavements, green roofs, and rainwater harvesting through lectures, workshops and demonstrations. The program also addresses stream processes, classification and restoration to reduce streambank erosion and channel incision.